Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Holy shin pain Batman!

My run on Sunday was not pain free like I hoped. Sure, I was wet and very cold, but I can deal with that. But, my IT band was flaring again. Not so much that I couldn't run, but not so little that I enjoyed my run. At least my shins weren't hurting.

I got a massage last night and like every other time, it hurt like a bitch. I love my massage therapist, but she really is merciless at times. She does leave my feet alone though, because she knows I won't be able to walk when she's finished. Thanks for that Kristen!

When I woke up this morning, the outside of my right knee was burning and I was sore all over. I had a 50-minute run scheduled. Thankfully, my run partner canceled on me last night. I had planned to run on the treadmill (which I hate), but thought it wiser to get on the elliptical instead. After 20 or so minutes, I thought, "I feel fine now, so I'll go try the treadmill." Maybe not my wisest move. My knee was fine, but both of my shins were in pain. That happens to me a lot on treadmills. I decided to bump up the incline to 3.0 and decreased the speed to 5.0. That helped tremendously.

I wish my legs were back to "normal", but I'll try to be patient. I see the ART guy tomorrow and if it means increasing the frequency of my visits to him to get this resolved, so be it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Ugh, that sucks. Hope you're back to new in no time!

Jodi

9:29 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

new ART guy or old one?

I have shin pain a lot too. I wonder what that is all about. Mine usually goes away after 30 minutes into a run though.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger JenC said...

Old ART guy. I'm not switching until my insurance changes in January.

According to ART guy, shin pain is connected to IT band issue.

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Geez, as if the IT Band was not enough! That sucks Batman!

Hope ya get it squared around soon!!!

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Maybe rest back at the Batcave? Sorry to hear the minor setbacks. Hopefully, the docs figure out the remedy.

12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home