Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm back!

I just got back from Dallas last night. I attended a work training session there from Monday night through Wednesday afternoon.

They had us scheduled from early morning to late at night, but I still snuck in some training. Most of the attendees looked at me like I had three eyes when I mentioned getting to the gym at 5:30 AM in order to get my workout in. Apparently, this is a big boondoggle for them and they expected to be nursing hangovers.

It was one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at, especially for work. The rooms had bathrobes, mints on pillows and big spa bathtubs. What was more thrilling for me though, was the state of the art fitness center than included a 25-yard pool. Heaven! I availed myself of the fitness center every opportunity I got including a 3100 yard swim yesterday morning!

I did attend all of the training and social functions. The training was so-so, but the social stuff was fun. We had a chocolate fountain on the first night, a progressive dinner on the second night (changed tables after every course in order to meet new folks) and a fun team building with prizes activity called "Deal or No Deal" (similar to the game show, but was more like Dare or Double Dog Dare). My team won overall, so we each got $50 gift certificates to Outback. Not too shabby.

The flight back was a little bumpy at first, but smooth sailing towards the end. We got out just in time. The rest of our group had to stay overnight, because their flight was canceled. I'm so glad I got to sleep next to my hubby last night instead of alone in a hotel room again.

This morning, I hopped on the trainer for 90 minutes before my dentist appointment. I got the dental appliance this morning. It is not the most comfortable thing, but luckily the change in my speech is not noticeable. I can't eat with it in, which means taking it out, eating and then brushing my teeth and it before putting it back in. I haven't determined if that will make me lose weight or gain weight. I am not interested in constantly going to brush my teeth, so maybe I'll eat less often. Or, when I do eat, maybe I'll eat more to make up for not getting to eat as frequently. Then again, maybe liquid calories is the way to go. It is only the first day. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet Edwards said...

What luck with the hotel!!!! Yeah, I suppose I am getting used to the crazy faces people give me when I tell them what time I wake up to get my workouts in.

Sounds like a busy trip!

7:55 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Wow, I have NEVER been to a hotel with a 25 yard pool. I guess everything is bigger in Texas.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Welcome back. Hope Outback meets Matt's resturant criteria. See you Wednesday.

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Oh boy! the dental appliance sounds like a lot of trouble. I'd have it out most of the day because I eat 6 meals a day. Good luck.

8:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home