Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, December 04, 2006

Fun Sunday!

Well, okay, it wasn't all fun, but most of it was.

My run was the non-fun part. I drove down to the park, so I could do the loops and never be farther than a mile from my car just in case... I ran into my husband after having gone about 6.25 miles and he could see the pain on my face. He told me that I'd run enough, so I went home. My coach agreed that it was the right thing to do. This IT band pain is so frustrating! I just have to be patient, right?

On to the fun part. I had 9 of my triathlete gal pals over for a few hours yesterday afternoon, while Matt went to the Browns game. Everyone brought a tasty dish and we had the perfect variety of food. I made a vegetarian lasagna and pumpkin bars, which were both well received.

We stood or sat around and chatted for hours about everything, not just triathlon. It was great to socialize with the ladies I normally only see in a sweaty state! We'll be spending many more hours together in the coming months, so it was nice to let our hair down.

Here are two pictures I took from TriSara's blog. Someday soon I will have a digital camera too! Watch out! : )







My husband came home about 10 minutes after everyone left. The Browns actually won against the Chiefs (a team vying for a wild card spot) in overtime. Oh happy day!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Papa Louie said...

Looks like the party was more fun than the run. Sorry to hear about the nagging pain. Hopefully, you get some good advice and on the healing path.

1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a great time Jen! Thanks for having us.

Hope the leg gets better soon!

3:27 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

yes, the gathering was a fantastic time!!!! Thanks again for having us!!

7:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own knee and heel problems feel for you!

Everytime I get an injury, particularly one I've not had before, it gives me downtime to learn how to treat it and prevent it in the future.

The frustrating part is trying to make my body fit into my goals rather than altering my goals to fit in with what my body is telling me I can do.

Oh well, more time in the pool working on stroke mechanics and in the gym 'pumpin' iron'. Yoga's also helping calm the spirit so as not to become too impatient and frustrated.

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home