Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

199 days left and...

I apparently need more sleep. I slept on the floor of my office today and yesterday for a half-hour during my lunch hour. I feel better, but am still a little tired.

6.5 hours a night during the week isn't cutting it. Matt is resolved to get more sleep (he was only getting 6 hours a night) and I'm jumping on that bandwagon. The key I think is getting to bed earlier. We just got DVR, so now we can record those 9 PM shows that we like to watch. It is hard though when you don't get home until 8 PM and still have to eat dinner. I will try though.

In the meantime, I probably will keep sleeping on my office floor during lunch. Why not? I don't have anything else to do except surf the net. The floor is basically concrete with a thin carpet on it. I'm going to bring in a blanket and pillow to make it a little more comfortable (will store in a drawer out of sight). I wonder if my co-workers would notice an air mattress sitting around in my office? : ) Oh, if there only was a Cube Cot!

199 days... I can do this!

P.S. Check out my hubby's new blog (link on the right).

7 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

I feel like such a sloth. I pretty much always get at least 8 hours.

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

6.5 hours and I'm a zombie. Good luck making time for more quality Zzzzzzzs!

Jodi

4:30 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I think getting enough sleep might have been the hardest part about Ironman training for me. Seriously. Harder than running and riding hills. I just seem to have a hard time winding down as a general rule of my personality, and I had to start doing things like setting my alarm clock to tell me to GO TO BED. Sad, but true. :)

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Did you ever see the Seinfeld when George had a bed built into his desk?
I did, because I don't go to bed early enough to miss it. Enough sleep is still a big weakness for me.

11:03 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

I managed to average about 6 hours throughout my IM training, but I did not have to go to a cube 9 to 5. My coach always had to remind me to sleep. Wow 199 days...Good luck.

11:06 PM

 
Blogger The Blights said...

Geezers! You know my story. I'd be dead with only 6 hours of sleep. Luckily, so far, so good.

So you need me to give you a wake-up call at work? That, I can do! :)

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Boy.... I usually get about 6 hours... but I try to limit pulling a castanza to only once a week... sleeping under the desk behind some boxes... The snorring usually gives me away though... Why is it I WANT to go to be early so I can get up in the morning easier... but my body says...NO STAY UP LATE!!!! And then why does my mind listen to my body? it didn't when my body said...."HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!, there's something wrong with the old LEGGYPOOS!" why does it listen when the body says.. "we can stay up later...." Well good luck with that, if you find the secret let me know.

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home