Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, January 01, 2007

So much

So much has happened since my last post, so I'll just go in order to keep my thoughts straight. I figured out my new camera, so there are pictures to enjoy too!

1) Visit with Dad

My father lives in Alabama, so I typically only see him once a year and that is during the holidays. He came to visit on Thursday night. I told him that he could spend the night, but Matt and I would be leaving by 5:30 AM the next morning and wouldn't be there when he awoke. He told me that I could do my training on the weekend, but like most people doesn't understand that training happens then too. That's okay. Not everyone is as weird as us triathletes!

It was nice to see him. Hope he didn't mind all of the organic food options for breakfast instead of his preferred Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts. Oh, how I miss Poptarts, but I know that it is for the best that they are out of my diet.

Here is a picture of Dad and me. I resemble him, huh?



2) Trainer ride and run with the gals

My triathlon club is hosting a Virtual Triathlon Camp. This year, a la Survivor, it is the girls against the boys. So, we had some fun with it. Jodi hosted a trainer ride and run. The weather was beautiful and we probably should have ridden outside, but the run outside was wonderful (especially because I haven't run outside without pain in so long). It was great hanging with the girls and racking up some major points! Here are a few pics.






3) New Year's Eve

Matt and I headed to Gordon and Suzi's house for our third year of New Year's Eve festivities. The company is always nice and the trivia game playing is fun. We did well, but Gordon's (AKA master of trivia) team won. I took a few pics there including one of Suzi being domestic (must be the baby). : )







4) Polar Bear Plunge

The Cleveland Triathlon Club hosted its next Polar Bear Plunge today. It was my third. Today's temperatures (air and water) were the mildest yet. The water didn't feel much colder than in my 20-minute cold bath yesterday. It was shocking as always to get the upper body wet. One of these years I have to be brave and actually go under. I think I can do it if I wear goggles. I hate getting water in my eyes!

I actually went in twice. Sara showed up just a few seconds late and missed the fun. She loves the PB swim and I seriously wasn't cold, so a few of us went back in with her. Ah, good times!

We even got on the 6 PM news. I looked a little dweeby, but they did a good job putting the footage together.

Here are some pics from that.

Channel 3 anchor, Monica Robbins and her camera man.
















Happy New Year! I hope 2007 is even more fun than 2006! And, I leave you with your moment of Zen (our fat cat laying on Matt). : )

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Great pics!

You guys looked great on the news. Wonderful publicity for the club!

Happy New Year- See you Wednesday!

Jodi

8:18 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

THANKS for coming in with me! :) You rock my world! Great pics, too! Looks like a fun week!

10:15 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Saturday training was a blast, of course!

Love the pic with the cat and Matt!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

8:56 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Love all the photos!

Happy New Year!

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

You & Matt did a great interview with the news reporter. The plunge almost looks tempting to me. Happy New Year!

2:57 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Cool Pictures. Thanks for taking the plunge a second time with the tardy crowd. Happy New Year!!!

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home