Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, December 15, 2006

What was I thinking?!

Repeat after self, "Chocolate muffin and chocolate chip cookie are not appropriate post-workout food". I typically have a whole wheat bagel with natural peanut butter on it after my swim workouts. However, I decided I needed the bagel I had for a lunch item instead of post-workout snack.

The building has a cafeteria. Sure, there were bagels and fruit, but the chocolate muffin screamed Eat me, you've been a good girl and haven't eaten one of me in months and months. Then it said You've swum 3 days in a row, biked last night,...you deserve this. So, Willpower 0, Muffin 1.

Then, I finish the muffin and am still hungry. Do I reach for a piece of fruit? Willpower screamed (in slow motion), Nooooo Jen, don't go for the large chocolate chip cookie leftover from yesterday's lunch. Willpower 0, Cookie 1.

I'm going to brush my teeth now and try to step away from the sweets for the rest of the day. Wish me luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

We just may be psychically linked in some way... I don't want to even think about the amount of sugar that I took in last night. And now it's 10:30 and I already ate my lunch. And I'm in a recovery week!

Blah

Jodi

10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, today I had some kind of homemade chocolate nut cluster thingy someone brought in and left in our support station. Definitely not on my diet. I wish people wouldn't bring this delicious crap in to the office.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger The Blights said...

Our office is filled with chocolates, pastries and even flavored Vodka? Talk about temptations! Ok, there's just one.

Luckily, there's no fresh bread. That's my main weakness. Thankfully it's not a common holiday gift.

Have a great weekend!

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

I have been having pizza dreams.
Was it a good cookie?.

8:48 PM

 
Blogger JenC said...

The cookie was okay. Probably not good enough to be worth the sugar, calories, fat, etc.

I made chocolate chip cookies this weekend and they were good!

7:52 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

I think all the hard workouts make our sweet tooth cravings more intense and irresistible to control ourselves.

10:08 AM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Read the first line of pg 187 from Going Long. You probably have 4 copies in your house.
Cookies Happen....

11:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home