Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ninja Warrior

Has anyone seen the show NinjaWarrior on G4 yet? I'm such a geek. I love it! Basically, it is a crazy obstacle course in Japan that the contestants have to navigate in a short amount of time. You have to be strong and agile. I'd love to try it, but I know I'd never make the time limit. Girls do compete in Stage One, but none have ever made it to Stage Two.

Paul Hamm, the U.S. Olympic gold medal gymnast competed in the one I saw today. He made it past Stage One, but failed in Stage Two. That is one strong, agile dude and he bombed out. I think their training must be similar to Ironman, because they train for months and months. Some build obstacle courses in their backyards. They have focus and determination, like we do. Come "race day" though, their dreams could be shattered in less than 2 minutes. At least when I do months of training, I will have a good shot to actually accomplish my goal.

Anyway, I watched two episodes that I saved to DVR this weekend during my 90-minute trainer ride this morning. Definitely a good way to keep my mind off of my crotch pain. During the commercials, I listened to my Ipod while riding aero. Something about that position on my tri bike is so comfortable on the road and so extremely uncomfortable on the trainer. I've tried applying Chamois But'R, wearing three pairs of shorts, boosting up the front block, etc. with no luck. I may have to go back to the road bike for the rest of the winter season or at least alternate to give my privates a break. Okay, TMI, right? But, it is making me hate my bicycle. I love my bicycle, so this is not an ideal situation. Anyone have any other suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

All I can say is ouch! And that I am a big slacker because I have not rode on the trainer yet this winter.

E-Speed

2:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of your bicycle problem. I have a different problem that comes from spinning at much higher cadences than out on the open road. And did someone say Chamois Butt'r!?

11:14 PM

 
Blogger John said...

ninja warrior is cool in it's own right, but the japanese angle makes it even better!

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home