Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, January 22, 2007

6 months!

Six months from right now, I hope to be out on the bike course at Lake Placid.

I volunteered/spectated at the 2004 and 2005 Lake Placid Ironman races. I've swum the swim course a few times, run and biked the run course and have biked some and driven all of the bike course. Some parts are etched into my memory, so I think about them all the time. I also think about me being part of that madness.

When I watched Matt and the other competitors complete those 2 Ironman races, I never for a moment wanted to do it too. I thought "That is crazy! I could never do that!" But, of course, time and experience broke down those negative thought barriers and I signed up for the 2007 race.

Six months seems like a long way off, but the time will fly by. I'll put many miles onto my bike, into my shoes and in the pool. Before I know it, I'll be standing on that beach. Good times...Good times!

9 Comments:

Blogger The Blights said...

Can't wait to be standing in the water next to ya!

Here's to 6 more months, then sleep!

10:08 AM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

Jen, Few "first timners" will come into the race with the experience you have, both as a triathlon veteran with several years' racing under her belt, and as someone who is pretty familiar with the course and the race itself. This is definitely a feather in your cap, as they say. I've been very impressed with your dedication; not just this winter, but since you decided you want to do this. July 22 will be here before you know it, and you will be ready to go!

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

6 months sort of sounds so far away yet I am sure it will be here in no time!

You are so fortunate to have had the opportunity to really know what you are getting into there!!

4:55 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Very cool that you can visualize and have seen the race before...it will be here before you know it, and you'll be ready!

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Wow! I am always looking forward Thinking how far off this dream waits.
You have riminded me as to how long the seed has been planted.
This tree is about to flower.
Enjoy the training. In 6 months and one day you are going to have to rest.

12:58 AM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

How exciting!

You are so well prepared already- in half a year you will be unstoppable!

Jodi

7:20 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

I keep thinking IMWI seems so far away, but if time continues as it has for the past 3 months it will be here before I know it.

In 6 months you will be standing on that beach and you will do great! Hope the recovery week is treating you well!

9:55 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Time will fly! The last 6 has gone so quickly.

You will absolutely be ready- it's gonna be awesome!

3:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home