Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, May 26, 2008

Glorious solo ride

I rode about 26 miles yesterday. It was gorgeous out, my legs felt like a million bucks and I rode 1 mph faster than I had on that same course 2 weeks ago! Can't beat that with a stick!

During my ride, I got passed by a mountain bike. No, I'm not that slow. It had a motor on it. I almost caught the dude on the hill. Apparently, the motor doesn't help that much. I was up to the challenge of trying to catch him, but he turned off soon after that hill. Oh well. I'm sure I could have got him! ; )



I also saw a Smart Car. I then had "deep thoughts" about whether it made sense to purchase one of those to use for commuting to work. Matt pointed out that the mpg weren't that great for the loss of cargo space. I suspect that the high gas prices will goose inventors to get us off of our gas addiction sooner. At least, I hope it does.



Well, it isn't as lovely today. I was hoping to get out for another ride this morning, but with the rain, I may run instead. I preach practicing in adverse conditions, but I'm not training for anything. : ) Happy Memorial Day everyone! Don't you wish every weekend was 3 days long?!

4 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

jen..
my brother in law bought a smart car and what matt says is so true....
but he can afford to buy it and experiment with different uses for it. will we get to a point where we all will have little tool around nearby enviroments cars..and then bigger ones to go longer distances??? i don't know..just wondering

10:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Gordon's old Metro is still alive and kickin somewhere - it got like 45 mpg and had a great interior smell by the time he was done with it.
-Suzi

12:44 PM

 
Blogger ramblings of a runnner said...

oh my gosh - i was on a ride one time - going up a hill and I stopped at a stop sign to fix something on my bike. Well this guy on a bike that must of weighed 100 pounds goes tooling past me - and i thought - wow that guys moving really well on that bike. I get going and realize i'm having a tough time catching him -- it isn't until i finally pass him that i realize there was a motor on the bike! I was afraid for a minute there that i was just really out of shape!

11:09 AM

 
Blogger The Salty One said...

I love those little Smart cars but then I think of I 90 and the semis and the crazy SUV drivers and I like my Jetta a whole lot more :)

Hopefully you got out these last few days! After a couple of crappy days it's beautiful out again. Gotta love May!

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home