Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, March 19, 2010

Almost done

So, today is my last day of work for awhile. I'm glad, because I'm uncomfortable and I hate having people depend on me finishing up projects. Many of my co-workers went into labor the weekend after finishing up with work. We work in a high stress environment, so maybe knowing that you are done with that for awhile is enough of a catalyst to get the party started. I'm not saying I'm not okay with that, but I also can't claim to be not scared. One way or another, he is coming out, so I shouldn't stress about it, right?

I'm still working out, but it is pretty low key (yoga, walking, elliptical and swimming). One of my co-workers said his wife walked to help induce labor and he thought that I couldn't use that given my normal level of activity. I don't know if he is right, but I'm still planning to meet up with fellow preggos, BS and EM for a sunny walk on the Towpath tomorrow morning followed by a yummy breakfast! It is weird to me to make plans that I may not be able to keep. Of course, no one would be mad if I had to cancel due to being in labor, but still it is weird.

Some days I feel huge and others I feel small. Earlier this week, one lady asked if I would make it to the end of the project we are doing for them, which is June 1 and I said "no, I'm due Sunday". She was flabbergasted! It must have been a good optical illusion with my clothes that day. Then, today, one tri club member saw me at the gym and he said "You're still pregnant?! I thought you were due in December judging by your size then." Uh, thanks. I'll let you be the judge. Here are a couple pictures from this past weekend at 39 weeks. (If you don't like belly shots, please stop scrolling down) : )




This last one is of my sausage-like toes with my hubby's ring on the big one (hee hee)

7 Comments:

Blogger KimZ said...

Love the belly shots! :-) My boys like to look back at my belly pictures and say "That's me in there." :-)
Enjoy this time off before he arrives, and I wish you the best with labor and the birth of your son. You're in such good shape, that I bet it will be a breeze for you.

1:39 PM

 
Blogger GP said...

We're counting down the hours (hopefully he'll show when it's rainy so you won't spend much time indoors when it's nice outside) and getting happier for you by the moment. You look fantastic, as you have all along. It constantly blows my mind how fit you chicas are throughout your pregnancies. You set the bar high, my friend. I can't wait to see the newest Mr. Collister.

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, LOVE the belly shots! It's really quite amazing how a woman's body can grow a person!!! I've grown 3 people in my womb and I still loved that time ... but yes, I do recall being eager to get (her) (her) (him) out so 1) I could see what they look like (beautiful, of course) and 2) have my body back!!! It's SO worth it - or I certainly wouldn't have repeated it!! When he arrives, he'll be the most gorgeous baby you've ever seen! Enjoy this time, and the next few months ... I remember thinking time was standing still, but now I think it flew by! My oldest turns 11 March 25th so I always get real nostalgic this time of year :)

1:59 PM

 
Blogger The Salty One said...

You so don't look huge! That guy was smokin' something :) You wear 40 weeks very very well! Even your toes! I'll be thinking about you these next few days and hope it's smooth sailing for you until baby boy gets here. Can't wait to meet him!

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I remember being at the end of my pregnancies and feeling like I was on a roller coaster and sitting on the top of the hill. You know, all excited waiting in line but once at the top of that scary hill, thinking "Boy, I wish I hadn't done this." But it is too late. But it was never as bad as I thought it was going to be. Just remember to relax as much as possible so your body will be able to dilate. If you are tense, it takes longer. Good luck, though. I know you will do great!

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Jen, I'm so excited for you!! It's an amazing time in your life ... things you honestly cannot imagine are about to rule your world. I LOVE being a mom! And, I have to say that I honestly loved the delivery--not so much the labor--but the delivery is an amazing experience. You will be fantastic! (and the sausage toes will disappear right after delivery! :D)

11:43 AM

 
Blogger allanjel said...

Jen you look great and most importantly HEALTHY!!! 38 completed weeks is exactly what we want to see a mother carry a baby until. You are doing a perfect job.

12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home