Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Indoor Triathlon

What's this? An actual race report? Yes, yes, it is. Yesterday, I raced at the CTC's indoor triathlon.

My goal swim distance was 1000 yards for the 20 minute swim. That was a stretch goal for me, because I'm not a consistent 2:00 per 100 kind of girl, but it was a 20-yard pool and worth a shot. So, did I make it? Not quite, but I did go 980, which is still awesome!

Then, we hit the spinning bikes, for a decent 20-minute ride that of course, didn't count distance wise.

Finally, on to the treadmills. I typically run between 6.0 and 7.0 on the treadmill, but it was only 20 minutes, so it was time to push it. My speed varied between 7.1 and 7.5. At the end of 20 minutes, I thought I was going to pass out, but I made it 2.38 miles, which was good enough to put me into 2nd place female overall for the race (of course, there were only 4 females total, but it felt good to not be 4th). And, it was my best indoor triathlon ever! Not bad for not being in top shape!

I leave with you with two videos Matt put together (so talented!) Both are from the indoor triathlon, but one is just of me swimming. Feel free to analyze my form. Note that I already realized that my kick is not good.



3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Great job Jen! You looked good! Glad you had fun and did so well to boot!

1:58 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

Great job!

2:13 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

great job jen...and another fine video presentation by cecil b collister.....

5:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home